Come and join us this Saturday at WICE’s annual Open House event, where you can have fun finding out about WICE and how it can enrich your stay in Paris. Open House 2014 is a free event that is open to the public. Complimentary wine, soft drinks, and snacks will be available.
When: Saturday, 27 September from 14h30 to 18h30
Where: American Church of Paris, 65 Quai d’Orsay, 75007 Paris
Metro: Invalides, Alma-Marceau
WICE holds a unique spot in the Paris expat community, with its diverse offering of courses in English. WICE also holds free weekly French-English conversation groups and many free social events throughout the year.
Some of the main advantages of participating in WICE’s exciting activities are making friends, learning helpful and insightful tips about living in Paris, and creating your own sense of community here in Paris. But WICE is not only for the expat community in Paris. For the local French community, WICE courses and events are a great way to improve your English by joining up with other English speakers while pursuing an activity that you enjoy.
At Open House 2014, Instructors from each WICE Department will be available to answer questions about their courses:
- Visual Arts: Photography, Film, Drawing, Painting, Printing, Calligraphy, Art Collecting
- Art of Living in France: Wine Tasting, Cooking, Fashion, Perfume
- Languages: French, Spanish, German, English
- Creative Writing & Literature: Short Fiction, Manuscripts, Non-Fiction, Getting Published
- Paris Walks & Visits: Museum Visits, Market Visits, Neighborhood Tours
- Cultural Studies: WICE World Watch, WICE Lite Talks
Open House 2014 Activities:
- Take part in Art demonstrations
- Assess your level in French or English with our placement language tests
- Practice your language skills in on-the-spot conversation groups
- Let our friendly staff help you sign-up for classes and social events
- Pick-up popcorn and watch video clips with the Film department
- Become a WICE member
- Test your senses at the wine booth by distinguishing tastes and smells of different wines
- Decorate your home with artwork from the WICE gallery or 2015 Visual Arts student artwork calendar
- Get the latest copy of Paris’ Upstairs at Duroc literary magazine
- Learn about volunteer opportunities at WICE
- Meet and make friends with people from around the world
- Test your luck in the Open House Raffle to win exciting prizes (Must register in advance to participate). Some of the available prizes include:
- Studio 15 Pilates – Pilates Lesson
- Fat Tire Bike Tours – Day/Night Bike Tour
- My American Market – Gift Certificates
- WICE – Free 1-year Membership
** For Americans living in France, representatives from the Union of Overseas Voters will be present to answer questions about voting from abroad.
** Register to attend WICE's Open House 2013 Today at wice-paris.org/openhouse!