Already the first month of 2014 has passed us by. How many of you are still sticking to your plans and resolutions for this new year? If you're like most people, money-related goals probably figure pretty high on your list of things to accomplish in 2014. Unfortunately for some people, getting their finances in order and planning for the future can be a challenge. Add the complexities of living abroad and having to navigate financial systems and tax laws of different countries and you've got a daunting task to accomplish. To help clarify and facilitate successful financial planning for both personal and professional endeavors, WICE is presenting for the fourth time, its popular Money Matters for Women seminar, on Saturday, February 8th, 2014.
The Money Matters for Women seminar has valuable information for everybody, regardless of your current financial situation. The diverse speaker topics will inform and empower you to be able to make the right decisions to take control and achieve your goals of financial stability and prosperity. And even if you've already mastered managing your finances and are a sophisticated investor, you can come and learn about the new changes in financial and tax laws (such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act for Americans residing in France -FATCA) and how they can affect your financial future.
Although the financial expertise and advice given at this seminar will benefit everyone, including men, the speakers will also address issues that are particularly relevant to women. Bryan Hancock (founder of Timberchase Financial) explains, "Like men, women face a myriad of financial issues: managing their day to day expenses, insuring and protecting what they have, establishing and maintaining sound credit, saving and investing for their own retirement, reducing taxes, planning for those they love at death, and saving for a variety of life goals. However, many women today struggle with gaining command of what they have and seek solutions to problems like these:
- Having the time, interest or knowledge to manage money confidently
- Planning for the likelihood that a married woman will be a widow or divorcee at some point and will need to have knowledge and control of her money
- Juggling the demands of family responsibilities (caring for children, aging spouse, or aging parents) especially across oceans and continents
- Knowing how to save for retirement with or without a defined, long term career
- Knowing what she has, where it is, and how it all fits together
- Knowing what professional advice she will need and how to confidently find trusted advisors."
In addition to Bryan Hancock, WICE has arranged for the following speakers to discuss their areas of expertise:
· Samina Arnoult - Global Financial Services: Preparing a Financial Plan (saving, spending, investments, retirement, etc..)
· HSBC Team: Navigating the French Banking System
· Al Herter - Private Investor: Smart Money Management for Personal Finance
· Bryan Hancock - Timberchase Financial: Financial Challenges and Solutions for Expats
Participants can chose one of the following three breakaway sessions that best suits their interests:
· Jean Baptiste Puyraud and Katya Jezzard-Puyraud - EuroStart Entreprises - Starting a Business in France
· Adrian Leeds - The Adrian Leeds Group: Property Investments in France
· Sam Okoshken - The Okoshken Law Firm: Estate Planning
After taking in all of this crucial financial information, be sure to stay for the cocktail reception at the end of the seminar.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity!
Register now to ensure the well-being of your financial health and future.
Money Matters for Women
Date: Saturday, February 8th, 2014
Time: 13h- 19h
Place: American University of Paris
6 rue du Colonel Combes
This WICE event is open to everyone, including non-members.
Post by Veronica Kugler